Big news! The new and improved, public version of Resolution is live and ready to use. It’s still missing some stuff (more on that in a sec) but the major improvements are up and running. Those include:
- Account creation
- Model publishing to a public URL
- An onboarding engine / help center / contact widget
- A scratchpad where you can build an (unsaved) model without logging in
- way better ESC/Enter handling (this was making me crazy)
- better error messages
- tons of weird, edge case bug fixes
- prefixes for units (so you can append “inches” or whatever to the end of “length”)
- Just general handsomeness and reliability
What’s Missing / Immediately Next
Hilariously, our biggest remaining tech holdup isn’t tech at all — it’s me getting a bunch of stupid tax and corporate information established with Uncle Sam so I can set up Stripe properly. Actually switching over to real payments shouldn’t take long after that, so ideally it’ll only be a couple of days. BUT, for now, you can make an account and save/share up to two models as is, and build as much crazy stuff in disposable-Scratchpad-mode as you’d like.
I’m not going to actually blitz people with this thing until payments are running (you know, because money), but I’m more than happy to have you kick the tires if you’ve found this on your own, or already knew about it. Make sure to check out the Examples page not only for video walkthroughs, but included links to models you can really use and copy into your account.
So be sure to check out what’s new, share what you build, and let me know what you think!